Saturday, July 25, 2009

Uninvited Dinner Guest

Those of you who know me well know I love to cook and have people over to eat. I don't get to have dinner guest nearly as often as I would like and can usually roll with the punches if someone happens to stop by, but not tonight. Tonight's dinner was ruined by our uninvited guest who still has not left. Thought you might like to see his picture.







When I went outside to light the grill for our steaks (barefoot) I took the grill cover off and felt something crawl across my feet. I screamed and jumped just in time to see the snake crawl into the corner. By the time Scott got outside, the snake had taken refuge inside the grill. Our wonderful watch dog is now sitting guard so the snake cannot leave the grill. Not sure where the dog was when the snake crawled onto the porch. Not sure exactly what to do with the snake. Scott says he is harmless (I think my heart skipping beats like it did, might be harmful). I thought about trying to shoot him, but I would probably just hit the gas tank and blow up the whole house. I guess for now I will just pray he decides to leave soon.
Scott did pull out the charcoal grill and cook the steaks while I stood at the door and watched.

2 comments:

Momma said...

Oh my goodness, I would never use the grill again. As a matter of fact, I might never go onto the porch again. How did you get the picture?

The City Cat said...

Not just a little garden variety, is he?