Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Shoe

So I got this great new shoe today. It is my favorite color and the best style of the season. What do you think?



It would have been nice to get a pair, but I'm not sure I could afford 2. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can retire my new shoe and get a cute matching pair. All of this resulted from a small cyst of my 3rd left toe. It came up during June (after I stumped my toe on a door) and never went away. It wasn't a huge problem during the summer, because I seldom wear shoes at all. I did find that it bothered me a great deal when I worked out or walked very far. When I finally saw the doctor, in my mind I thought no big deal... I'm not afraid of pain so I thought we could just numb it up and remove it in the office. Nope... I got a visit to the OR. With a OR visit comes a whole list of questions that might tend to make patients a little nervous:

1. Do you have a Living Will?

2. Do you have a Medical Power of Attorney?

3. Can we give you blood products?


Okay, folks- this is just a little toe, if there is that much risk I will just make do with the pain. Anyway, on to the room where I am to remove my clothes and put on that very, very cute hospital gown with the opening in the back. Again, this is my toe, I wore shorts and flip flops so that it would be east to get to. Nope... on with the gown and don't forget to remove your underwear. Hello, toe here... no need for everyone to see my bare behind. I did find out that it cuts down on the risk of infection. (I asked the nurse if everyone in the OR removed their underwear, because I'm sure mine is as clean as anyone elses.) No really, the anesthetic is a smooth muscle relaxer and your bladder is a smooth muscle....NICE.

Anyway, all is well here. My foot is beginning to wake up and my toe says, ouch... but it really isn't too bad. In a couple of weeks, I should be back to the gym and cute fall shoes.



5 comments:

Misty V said...

Ahhh...hope it feels better soon! Did they give u some great pain meds? Wish I could be there to help out!

ME said...

Me too!!! I would love for you and Mamma Robin to come wait on me...hand and foot.

~becky said...

Your worst friend ever - - just now checking in. Do you need anything?

Momma said...

Hahaha, hand and foot! You are too funny! I wish we could be there too. Hope it feels better soon. I know you'll miss working out.

MaierHousehold said...

Cute shoe! :)

Glad to hear that you're okay and wore clean underwear!