If you have been following my blog, you know I hate to fly and you know all my travel tales from my flights to Jackson. I was hoping that our flights back would be much smoother, but alas, it wasn't to be. The flight from Jackson to Dallas was great. Small jet, but a JET!!! When we arrived in Dallas, out flight was delayed for about 30 minutes because the plane was late. When it finally arrived, the passengers deplaned complaining about how hot it was on the plane. I wasn't overly concerned... I should have been. We boarded the plane and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, the pilot comes over the intercom and in broken English explains that we will be leaving as soon as the finish re-distributing the weight on the plane. I really don't understand WHY this is always such an issue. While we are sitting and waiting, the AC does not work. The flight attendants assure us that once the flight is under way the AC will work. After about 45 minutes we finally taxi to the runway. The plane is HOT and I have sweat running down my face. We begin down the runway zig-zagging back and forth. I thought we were going to run off the runway. Finally, the plane lifts off and now is teetering and tottering in the air. At this point I have a total panic attack. Daniel is asleep with his head in my lap, Isaac is across the isle and I begin to hyperventilate. I lost all feeling in my legs and arms. The lady sitting with Isaac hands me a bag to breath into, but I cannot even hold the bag at this point. The next thing I know 2 flight attendants are standing beside me and holding ice to my neck. They are quizzing Isaac about my medical history. He did tell them it was because of the prop plane. I have never had a panic attack in my life, and I hope that it never happens agian. I thought I was really going to die. They are talking to the pilot about turning the plane back to Dallas, I was able to tell them that I would be okay. We finally level out and I am able to calm myself down. Fortunately, Daniel slept the entire flight and Isaac handled himself so well. When we finally landed, the doctor in front of me suggest I get a prescription for Xanax before my next flight and the flight attendant suggested I have a glass or bottle of wine. I will not be getting on another prop plane anytime in the near future.
Later in the week I ran into a friend who flew from Dallas to San Angelo later in the week on one of the prop planes. Their first flight had to turn back to Dallas when it lost an engine on take off. The second plane died on the runway and had to be towed back to the gate. Would you believe she got on the third plane. I salute you, Selene, I would have walked home!!!
Reality Check
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment