"I" is playing flag football with the rec league again this year. Being in West Texas, football is actually more of a religion out here then a sport and it begins very early. He played his first year at the young age of 5 and now is in his third year. This is the year he has come out of his shell on the football field. In years past, he was a little afraid of someone running into him, but not anymore. Three weeks ago, we played a team that had a tendency to grab onto clothing instead of flags. One little boy kept catching "I" by his shirt and "holding" onto him. Some how the refs failed to see this happening. About the third play of this, my "sweet little" "I" slung his arms around and busted the kid in the nose. We heard the other coach call for another player because someone had a bloody nose. I was secretly proud of "I". (Does that make me a bad mom?)
Our team is quite good this year. Not only are we undefeated, our defense ("I" plays defense) has not allowed another team to even score. Our kids look like a well organized junior high team. Perhaps it has something to do with the number of hours we practice each week (usually 3-4). We are expecting the NFL to call for "I" any day (LOL), but just in case, we will continue to do our homework and study- when practice allows.
1 comment:
Go Isaac! He is on the defense, and he was defending himself! It's all good in the game of flag football! Bet those other boys are going to think twice before grabbing him by his shirt and holding him that way!
Post a Comment