Okay, so I'm not too great at keeping this blog updated. When I started, I had visions of sitting down each night and doing a quick post of our day, but by the end of the day I'm just too tired to think. If I could just have the funny thoughts I have during the day go directly from my brain to computer, I would have quite a funny blog. Oh well, in the interim, you will just have to settle for updates when I can steal a few minutes.
Last Monday when "D" got in the car from school Monday he was so excited. They were studying the letter G and he wanted to take his goat to school for show and tell. Okay, my first thought was "have you lost your freakin' mind?" There was no way to talk him out of this. He wanted all of his friends to see the baby goat. Okay, so I gave in. We borrowed George the Goat, (who our wonderful neighbors are bottle feeding) and headed to school on Thursday morning. My friend Debbi wanted me to stop by her class with George, so that was our first stop. It should have been our second. I forgot to put George in the grass before heading into the school, so the first thing George did was wet the carpet. Okay, only a small problem. We went outside finished our business and then went back to see the children. Everyone *LOVED* George. He was so friendly with all the kids and ran around climbing on them. They loved every minute of it. I took George home just in time for his noon bottle, boy was he starving. "D" burst into tears when I dropped George off because he wanted him to come back to our house. I tried to reason with "D" but he was just heartbroken. He cried all the way home, but was immediately cured when we found 4 new kids in the pen. I'm not sure how we will explain to him that we cannot keep all the babies, but have to send some of the to the sale. I hope as the grow and aren't so cute, he will be less attached. I can't really blame his attachment, I kinda' like them too.
On Friday "I" was in the school spelling bee. He was so excited when he brought home the information... apparently you can win a trip to Washington DC if you win school, district, regional, and then state. I'm not one to discourage my kids, but I also like for them to live in the real world, so I tried to explain to "I" that we would be competing against 2-5th graders at the school spelling bee and should not be too disappointed if he didn't win. "I" lieks to win (d0n't know where that comes from) and decided that if he had to compete against all the older kids he just wouldn't do the spelling bee. I told him that would be okay, but he had to talk to his teacher. "I" is also a people pleaser, so he had to decide if he was more willing to do the spelling bee and not win or explain to his teacher that he wasn't going to be the the bee. Ultimately, he decided he would do the spelling bee and just do his best. I was so proud of his decision. He did a great job just trying. I have no doubt that he will be asked to compete again in years to come and he just might win the trip to DC. I am envious of his spelling ability. Those of you who know me, know that spelling is *NOT* by strong point.
Our goat herd continues to grow. Just this morning we have 2 new kids. So our count now stands at 13 births (12 survivals). Things are beginning to even out, we now have 5 females and 7 males.
That is all for now.
Reality Check
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment