For those of you who know Daniel, today's title will be no surprise. However, yesterday I saw a side of my sweet baby that I don't often see. Daniel is my free spirit. I have spent many hours wondering and worrying how he will handle kindergarten. I have joked with the Principal (he's our Sunday School teacher) that he should probably have Daniel in the office at the beginning of school for a little "talk" with the paddle so that he will not test all the limits. Daniel is not a "bad" kid, but he does like to "push" as far as he can get away with, or so I always thought.
Yesterday was Kindergarten Round-Up. Before registration I stopped by the office to drop off somethings for the secretary and say "hello". The Principal was in the office and stopped to talk to Daniel... He introduced himself to Daniel and was asking if Daniel was excited about school. He was also telling him that he knew his brother Isaac, etc, etc. When we left the office and walked outside I looked at Daniel and his chin was quivering. He was doing all he could to hold back tears. I asked him what was wrong. He has been so excited about school. He burst into tears and said he didn't want to have to go to the Principals office every again. WHAT??? We talked for a while and I explained that the Principal was not going to "paddle" him and that he wouldn't get in trouble if he would listen to his teacher and do his work. He has promised that he WON'T get in trouble EVER!!! I went back and told the Principal that whatever he had said to Daniel seemed to have traumatized him sufficiently and he NEVER wants to go back to his office.
Daniel is still excited about school.
Reality Check
1 year ago
1 comment:
What a sweetie! I think there will be no issues for him next year. The structure will be exactly what he thrives in!
Post a Comment