Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday- Oh What A Day

I must admit I am one of those crazy people who can hardly wait for Black Friday! I can remember even as a child loving to go to the Cracker Jack sale at McRae's early on Friday to get Cracker Jacks and a chance for the big shopping spree. I never got the shopping spree, but that never deterred me. I start preparing for Black Friday as soon as the first ad arrives. There is a very definite method to my madness. I sit down with my notebook and comb through all the ads circling anything that might be on our Christmas wish list. Next I decide who has the best deal on each item and where I am most likely to "score" the most goodies. The night before I can hardly sleep. I'm so much like a kid at Christmas!!!

This year I wanted a laptop computer so I decided I would get to Office Depot at 4 am to get in line. I was the 2nd person in line- only 2 hours to store opening. I have to admit I really had a great time talking to the people around me. I will probably never see any of them again, but they were all great!! I did manage to get the laptop I wanted AND a free printer. Success in my book!!! My friend Debbi and I both wanted the Lego set in the Walmart paper. She agreed to be there at 5 and get 2 sets for us. Thanks for being such a great friend. She arrived at Walmart around 4:15 and began to scout out the Lego sets. She finally tracked down the toy section manager to find out that they couldn't find the Lego set we wanted. The manager took her name and number and agreed to call when they found the Legos. We both thought that we were just out of luck. Debbi went on to Target for their bargains. (They had another Lego set we would have liked, but they only got 2.) Once I finished at Office Depot I went back to Walmart in hope of finding out they had found the Lego sets and put them on the shelves, but they had not. About 15 minutes later Debbi called to let me know the manager did find 2 sets and was waiting to meet me in Sporting Goods. I could not believe she really called!!! We got the only 2 sets they could find. My boys will be so excited. They have been begging for this for weeks, and it is sold out everywhere online. We decided to buy Chick-fil-A gift certificates to take back to the manager and assistant manager who had been so helpful. They were totally shocked, but in my book they are the 2 best Walmart employees I have ever met!!! Thanks Ellen and Blair!!!

We also made trips to the mall, Best Buy, Hobby Lobby, Olives Nursery, and lunch at Rosa's. It was a very successful day by my standards. I got home about 3:00. "I" has gone to a friends to spend the night and "D" and Dad are watching "The Incredibles" while I play with my new laptop. What a great end to a very fun day. I only wish Black Friday came twice a year!!!

No comments: