Monday, November 24, 2008

What happens when your stuck home with a sick kid?

I will be the first to admit I am so not a stay at home kind of person. Once "I" is on the bus, "D" and I usually begin our routine of picking up the house and then head out the door to drop him off at school and then on to the gym and whatever else needs to be done. "I" was home from school sick on Friday and again today. On Friday, "D" had Indian Culture day at school and I had signed up to help. So I loaded "I" and "D" up and found an empty room at the school to put "I" into while "D" had his fun day. Afterwards, "I" was feeling better so we made a quick dash through Sam's and got some lunch. Saturday morning "I" was feeling better, or so he claimed, so I went to the gym while Dad took the boys to get haircuts. Our PLAN was to meet for lunch and then go out to some friends and let the boys deer hunt. Dad called me about 11:00 to let me know "I" was not better, but feeling much worse. So we spent our Saturday afternoon at home. Sunday, thankfully Dad was willing to stay home so I could go to the grocery and make a few quick stops. My hope was that "I" would be back at school today and I could get back into my routine and finish some shopping for Thanksgiving. However, "I" was still feeling bad this morning, so we have stayed home. So on my day at home what have I done you ask? 8 loads of laundry, changed the beds, cleaned up the playroom, reorganized the pantry, and worked out. No wonder I hate to stay home!!!


I took everything out of the pantry and cleaned

Afterwards, look at that wonderful organization and all my bulk Sam's club purchases. Now the big question... What's for dinner?

2 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

OMG! All of your can labels are facing the same direction! You crack me up!

Hope "I" is feeling better! Ya'll have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Misty V said...

You make me feel SOOOO normal! I love the can goods perfectly arranged and sorted into food groups!!!