I didn't realize how depressing the color brown actually is. Living in West Texas, I have adjusted to the lack of trees, or so I thought. Two days last week it was overcast and dreary and really made me realize how much I miss green...trees, grass, anything. We are in the middle of a drought and I am beginning to wonder if it will ever rain again. Between the drought and the never ending wind, it seems like a dust bowl here. The farmers are preparing to plant, which means lots of plowing and lots of dust. When you look across the horizon there is a thick cloud of dust. Oh how I would love to
escape to a tropical green paradise for a few days.
2 comments:
Can I come with you? Tropical sounds wonderful to me in my 20 degree weather!
Maybe tropical is where you are headed in a few days! I would be jealous! I think we need to go to MD for a snow storm!
Momma - I hear your teeth chattering up there. Mine are also chattering down here, but we are going to get a "break in the weather" over the next few days!
Post a Comment