Okay, I know I haven't posted in a LONG time and I know I still have a Christmas background on my blog, but I haven't just been sitting around doing nothing... really.
I tried earlier today to change the background but the site where I get me backgrounds is down. I realize I could probably find another site with backgrounds, but I'm not that motivated. I promise to change the background next week. (maybe) I also will be posting pictures from our Christmas vacation later this weekend or next week. Let me just say, 2 weeks is a LONG time to be gone from home.
We got home last Friday and I have been so busy at home. Someone remind me next year how crazy it is to put up 5 Christmas trees. Even though they looked so beautiful and I really loved my house during the holiday, they all had to be taken down and put back in the attic. I did get this accomplished last weekend.
On Wednesday, I went to the paint store to pick up paint for the painters to come and paint my kitchen cabinets. They were white and needed a new, fresh coat of paint (15 years of wear was beginning to show). While talking to the interior decorator (run very fast when that happens) I decided I might try to glaze them instead of just having them painted. Okay, those of you who know me know that when I get a project on my mind I can become a little obsessed (okay a lot obsessed). So, I came home on Wednesday afternoon and glazed one cabinet door to see how hubby liked it. He is so easy going about the house and just said he could live with whatever I decided to do. I called the painter to see if he had done any glazing and he said he had, but didn't sound to convinced he really wanted to do it. Thursday morning I took "D" to school, came home, changed clothes, and started glazing. By Thursday night I was quite "high" from the paint fumes, but I was more then half finished. Friday morning I was able to finish the glaze and this morning I got the doors back up. I *LOVE* the new look. I also saved a ton of money. The glaze cost me $14.63 and about $20 to get the doors re-hung! The glaze totally changed the look of my kitchen. It totally fits my rustic, country home.
I have decided to glaze "D"'s dresser and built in drawers in his room. I feel such a great since of accomplishment.
I tried earlier today to change the background but the site where I get me backgrounds is down. I realize I could probably find another site with backgrounds, but I'm not that motivated. I promise to change the background next week. (maybe) I also will be posting pictures from our Christmas vacation later this weekend or next week. Let me just say, 2 weeks is a LONG time to be gone from home.
We got home last Friday and I have been so busy at home. Someone remind me next year how crazy it is to put up 5 Christmas trees. Even though they looked so beautiful and I really loved my house during the holiday, they all had to be taken down and put back in the attic. I did get this accomplished last weekend.
On Wednesday, I went to the paint store to pick up paint for the painters to come and paint my kitchen cabinets. They were white and needed a new, fresh coat of paint (15 years of wear was beginning to show). While talking to the interior decorator (run very fast when that happens) I decided I might try to glaze them instead of just having them painted. Okay, those of you who know me know that when I get a project on my mind I can become a little obsessed (okay a lot obsessed). So, I came home on Wednesday afternoon and glazed one cabinet door to see how hubby liked it. He is so easy going about the house and just said he could live with whatever I decided to do. I called the painter to see if he had done any glazing and he said he had, but didn't sound to convinced he really wanted to do it. Thursday morning I took "D" to school, came home, changed clothes, and started glazing. By Thursday night I was quite "high" from the paint fumes, but I was more then half finished. Friday morning I was able to finish the glaze and this morning I got the doors back up. I *LOVE* the new look. I also saved a ton of money. The glaze cost me $14.63 and about $20 to get the doors re-hung! The glaze totally changed the look of my kitchen. It totally fits my rustic, country home.
I have decided to glaze "D"'s dresser and built in drawers in his room. I feel such a great since of accomplishment.
Before
After
4 comments:
Looks great! I am so impressed with your handiwork! You are amazing! And you saved so much money. WOW!
I love the new look! It does look very country, and they will not show dirt and grub as much!!! Awesome job, girlfriend! I am impressed!
You did an unbelievable job on the cabinets. Congratulations on cabinets and half marathon! Give everyone my love!
Great job, I am so jealous!!!!! I wanted to do this, but chickened out.
The Park Wife
Post a Comment