Monday, January 19, 2009

Christmas Vacation

Okay, I do realize it is January 19 and I haven't finished posting about our crazy Christmas Vacation, so here goes.
We flew to Mississippi on December 20 and arrived at hubby's families "lodge" about 10pm at night. We were all tired and headed to bed as soon as we arrived. Sunday morning we went to my sisters house to celebrate Christmas with my family. (See Christmas with Nana post). About 5 pm my cousin called to let us know my grandmother was on her way to the hospital by ambulance after falling and breaking her hip. Sis and I left and went to the hospital, while hubby fed the kids, loaded the car and headed back to his parents house.
The next 2 nights I stayed at the hospital with my grandmother and spent my days trying to make up for a lack of sleep. Hubby and the kids hung out with his family and enjoyed playing in the woods and building forts. I had forgotten how muddy it is in Mississippi, but was reminded on a regular basis as I swept the floors at least twice a day.
Christmas day we spend the morning with the kids opening "Santa" gifts and watching them play Wii. Santa definitely knew they would love the Wii. We enjoyed lunch with hubby's family and took advantage of the beautiful, sunny weather to play outside and swing on the rope swing. Later in the afternoon we visited my grandmother at the rehab center. I was sad not to be at her house for Christmas dinner as we had planned, but was very thankful she was out of the hospital and beginning rehab. We were able to go to my dad's house and celebrate with my sister and her family again. The kids had a great time playing together.
Hubby had to fly home on Saturday while the kids and I stayed for a few more days of visiting with family. We went to my mom's house for a few days and my sister brought her kids over so all the kids could play together. They get along great. It is really a shame that we live so far apart. I know they would all be "best friends" if we only lived closer.
It was a crazy busy time. By the time we got home on January 2, I was so exhausted, but it was worth it to be with our families and enjoy the holiday season.

Family picture with my dad, step-mom, and sisters family

The boys enjoying their new Wii in their matching Christmas PJ's.

"D" giving "L" a big hug. She really is quite a princess.

No comments: