We celebrated Christmas with my mom and sister on Sunday afternoon. The boys just love to play with their cousins, L and K. Everyone had a great time playing, eating, and opening presents. We managed to get a family picture, the first since "I" was a baby.
Everyone loved their gifts, especially the Lego sets that Nana and Aunt T found for the boys. I'm not sure what we are going to do with all the Legos. I think we could possible open a museum. The boys love them so much. I'm sure we will have many happy hours of building in the very near future.
Nana also bought the boys remote control cars. I had no idea they would love them so much. They could hardly wait to get outside and race them around the cul-de-sac. My sister lives at the very end of a cul-de-sac and I could not imagine there being any problem with running the cars up and down the street, boy was I wrong. On D's first lap, he encounter quite a problem, that would never happened in a million years at our house. "D"'s car encountered a storm drain... after the 4 foot drop into a puddle of water we were all wondering how in the world we would ever get the car out. Uncle K and Dad tried to lay in the street and reach the car, but their arms weren't long enough. I briefly considered the idea of putting a kid in the drain, but decided CPS might not look too kindly upon this. Finally, Uncle K came out of the garage with a crow bar and a post hole digger. The men managed to lift the lid to the drain while I snagged the car with the post-hole digger, only in Mississippi. The car came out with only a few minor scratches. Never again will I complain about our town not building storm drains. I'm sure it is much safer for the streets to flood when it rains, then for little boys to lose their cars.
No comments:
Post a Comment