Monday, December 8, 2008

Field Trip for "D"


"D"'s school took a trip today to sing at one of the local nursing homes. His school goes several times and year and I just love that they are teaching these children to value the elderly. They sang a few songs and then went to hug all the residents. It brought tears to my eyes to see "D" hugging all the sweet elderly men and women. He was not the least bit shy (big surprise) and the residents just loved him. I couldn't help but think about my wonderful grandparents and great-grandparents that I had the privilege of growing up around. I am so thankful to still have my "Nan" but wish we lived closer. I love you Nan!!!

1 comment:

Misty V said...

you have to tell me how to put videos on the blog. i wanted to put lauren singing but did not know were to start. HELP me soon!