Monday, December 8, 2008

My Little Speller

I am so proud of "I" today. He competed in his first UIL event and won 2nd place. Those of you who know me very well know that he didn't get his spelling abilities from me. I was so glad when spell check was invented!!! I *hated* spelling in school. It was the only class I ever made a "C". I never understood when someone would tell me to look up a word in the dictionary to see how to spell it. If you can't spell the word, how in the world are you supposed to look it up?
He was a little upset about the UIL test today. We were given a list of 300 words to study for the event and we have worked on them for the last 6 weeks. Today on the test they only gave them 30 words. He felt they should have only asked him to study 30 words if that was all they wanted to test him on. :) He should get his ribbon sometime after Christmas and I will post a picture of him and his ribbon when it comes in.

No comments: