Monday, December 22, 2008

Prayer Request and Praise

Please remember my grandmother, Nan, in your prayers this week. She fell and broke her hip on Sunday. She had surgery this afternoon and is doing remarkable well. The doctor was very pleased with how the surgery went and I want to get her out of the bed as soon as possible (probably tomorrow). I'm so thankful that we were in Mississippi for the holidays and I have been able to stay with her in the hospital some. She is a very strong woman and I pray that this will not prevent her from continuing to live alone. Her biggest concern is going to a nursing home or being a burden on someone. I'm not sure how many times she has apologized to us, but I have told her I will hear no more of that silliness. I also told her that I planned to have her out dancing by the end of the week. That will be quite an amazing task, since she has never gone dancing in her 84 years of life.:)

3 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

Susan--I am sorry to hear about your grandmother! I am glad that she came through surgery with no problems!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Momma said...

You know that I am praying. What a blessing that you are in Mississippi for Christmas anyway. You would be chimbing the walls to get there if you weren't! I know what a huge comfort you are to Nan right now. God sure goes before us! Hang in there and have fun with all of the crazy family! Love ya!

~B said...

I'll definitely be praying for Nan! Tell her to get her dancing shoes on!!!

I miss you, too! We have lots of catching up to do, huh?

When are you coming home?