Sunday, December 14, 2008

Been There, Done That, Got the T-shirt-



I competed in my first ever ½ marathon this morning…and FINISHED!!! I never dreamed I could really make it the whole way, but I did. I finished in 3 hours, 5 minutes, and 33 seconds. My hope was to finish in less than 3.5 hours, so I was absolutely thrilled with my time. My neighbor and I talked about a half marathon last fall, but never followed through with it. This past summer I decided I was going to do it this year (I’m not getting any younger, you know). I have been training 5 days a week and averaging about 20-25 miles a week. I made a couple of big walks (8 and 10 miles), but today was the biggest ever. Scott walked with me, which was nice. I did manage to run a few time, (thanks B for the very upbeat 80’s tunes) but mostly just walking at a fairly quick pace (4.2 mph). I am so proud of myself. I am already thinking about the next one. I guess this might become an obsession. Anyone care to do the Hawaii half with me???

4 comments:

~B said...

I am SO proud of you!!! Maybe I can do White Rock with you next year...

ME said...

I absolutly think you should do this with me next year. Nothing will help us fit in those "little black dresses" like a little marathon training.

MaierHousehold said...

WOW! I am so impressed! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am quite proud of you...that couldn't have been an easy task!

Misty V said...

Way to go girl! I am proud of you! I hope you had fun!