Sunday, May 10, 2009

80's Fashion

I well remember growing up in the 80's, but I had forgotten how BAD our fashion really was. Our Sunday School class hosted an 80's party this weekend, and to see the "fashions" of my teen-age years was quite scary. I remember my mom always complaining about my make-up and now I know why. What were we thinking??? My mom had saved my "romper" or "bubble suit" from many years ago. I well remember how badly I wanted that awful thing. Everyone had one!!! I did manage to win the contest for best dressed on Friday night. Just thought you might like to see how absolutely horrible we really looked. I pray the fashions of the 80's don't make a real comeback, but I'm concerned since I have seen leg warmers for sale recently. Surely they won't bring back the "BUBBLE"!!!

4 comments:

Misty V said...

had 1 or 3 of the bubble outfits! Oh...I hope to never see my girls in one of those glorious floral things!!!!

Shawna said...

That romper thing is cracking me up! I had a FEW back in the day...Where did you find it? Looks like ya'll had a great time!

ME said...

We had so much fun. My mom saved the romper. She thinks it is so cute and is hoping one day it will come back in style. My sister has one also. If ever you need a killer costume, just let me know. Scott has begged me to take it to Goodwill, but I just can't part with such a wonderful memory

~B said...

My mom made me a bubble suit, too.