Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Reader

Isaac is definitely my little "reading machine". He loves books!!! This year he earned 269 AR points from reading books. Quite an accomplishment for a 2nd grader. For the first half of the school year most of the books he read were only worth .5 or 1 point. I wish I had kept a list of all the books he has read this year. Because of his great reading achievement he was invited to the AR Fishing Trip at his elementary school. He was one of the three 2nd graders who earned enough points to go. One of the local ranchers allows the kids to come down to his ranch and several game wardens volunteer their time to help the kids (I'm really glad I didn't have to bait the hooks). All the kids had so much fun fishing. They also have a silent auction where the kids are allowed to use their AR points to bid on many great prizes. Isaac won a book. a game, and a video. We really had a great day. Isaac is already planning to earn enough points to go fishing next year. He also wants to get enough points to go on the Movie trip. Books here we come.

1 comment:

Momma said...

WOW, that's a lot of books. I am so pleased for him. I have no doubt that he will go to the movie trip next year. When a Gipson puts his mind to something, it gets done!