Wednesday, May 13, 2009

An Open Letter to the Post Office

Dear Mr. Postman...
I understand with the economy the need to raise prices for the 3rd time in 2 years, I understand the need to only deliver mail 5 days a week instead of 6, but I do not understand having an employee stand at the door and talk of his cell phone until the exact minute the doors are to open and then to disappear on break. Come on folks. 12 people in line and 1 clerk. The brilliant delivery supervisor walked out and said, "Gee, looks like we need to get some more people out here." That is when he discovered that there was only 1 person scheduled to work the window this morning. Did he come out and open a window to help anyone? NO. He did send a delivery person to the front to ask if anyone could use the machine instead of the window. I went to the machine to buy my postage, but I had to stand in line to hand my package to the clerk at the window, because it was a "security risk". Apparently anything over 13 ounces is a "security risk". (Tracie- be careful when you open the box of cards and flower pens, they might explode.)
Finally, $10.35 later I leave my package, when asked when it would be delivered the answer was "probably in 3-4 days". Good grief, if the USPS was a private business they would have closed a long time ago.

3 comments:

Yoda said...

Preach on, sister... that's why I use them as little possible. I have a love/hate relationship with the PO... technically I suppose it is a hate/hate relationship. ;)

Misty V said...

Go there as little as possible. Use them as little as possible!

Momma said...

You know I HATE the post office. I will admit, it is a little better here in my small community, but I still have a birthday present for "someone" that I haven't sent because of that very reason.